Let nature provide your hot water for you! How does it work
Solar water heating (known as solar thermal) captures the free heat from the sun and uses it to heat up water for use in the home. It's a simple process:
- Panels on your roof absorb heat from the sun - they are known as the collector
- The solution in the panels heats up.
- This solution is then pumped through a coil in your cylinder
- Which transfers the heat to the water in the cylinder
Whilst this can depend on the size and type of solar panels specified, experience shows that between 50-70% of your hot water needs will be supplied annually by a professionally installed system.
Between April and September almost all of your hot water (65C) needs should be supplied by the system whilst between October and March it will produce water with an average temperature of 30C which would then be boosted to the required temperature by your boiler.
Install a Solar Thermal system and benefit from free hot water and lower bills.
- Receive upto £480 p.a.*** revenue through the RHI payments
- Tax Free and index linked*** (RPI) for 7 years
- Reduce your hot water bill by upto 70%***
- 100% funding available through Your Greener Loan** (Flat rate 4.92%)
- Free EPC*****
Take The First Step Today
MySolar are specialists in the design and installation of Solar PV, Solar Thermal & A.S.H.P. systems for homes and commercial properties - offering a Free Home Survey & Design Service.